Self-Assessment Tax Return
You have to file a personal tax return, known as Self-Assessment Tax Return to HMRC every year by 31st January if you have any untaxed income, such as:
- self-employed business with more than £1,000 income
- income from property over £1,000
- income from savings and investments over £10,000
- foreign income
You also need to file a Tax Return if:
- your income is over £50,000 and you receive Child Benefit
- your income is over £100,000
- you have unpaid income tax from previous tax years
The tax year runs between 6th April and 5th April the following year. You have almost 9 months to prepare your self-assessment tax return each year.
We can offer great discounts on our services if you order the Tax Return preparation early.
Our fees are as follows:
Orders before 31st July - £90
Orders between 1st August and 30th November - £120
Orders between 1st December and 31st January and any late filings - £180
If you have a self-employed business and we need to prepare the profit and loss report based on your invoices, the additional bookkeeping fee is payable separately.