Final Tax Returns for Self-Employed Business

You can choose to finish your self-employed business any time in the tax year. If this is the case, you have to notify HMRC so they can stop your National Insurance records, but the final Tax Return can only be filed after the end of the tax year, 5th April each year. 

This means that the soonest you can file the final Tax Return is the 6th April, even if you have stopped trading on the 1st May the previous year. 

This also applies if you leave the United Kingdom during the tax year. Your filing requirement still exists even if you live in another country. 

By appointing us as your Tax Agent, we can monitor this filing requirement, and send you a reminder to file a Tax Return when the time has come. We can also represent you at HMRC when you have left the country. 

Tax time concept with wooden blocks and coins on white backgroun

Get in touch right now